What time should I arrive?
We ask that you arrive 5 minutes early (9.25am), just so that you can meet your trainer prior to the class commencing. This will allow the trainer to discuss any injury or exercise concerns you have.
How long does each class go for?
Each class runs for a total of 60 minutes.
What should I bring to a class?
- Your child/children. We welcome all infants and children to ShapeUp Mums classes. (Parents must understand that children remain the responsibility of their parents at all times throughout the class. The PT will endeavour to assist when possible, however they are not responsible for any children.)
- A picnic rug/yoga mat – for you to exercise on and your children to sit and play on.
- A drink bottle
- Food and drink for your children (as required)
- A pusher (if your child is likely to require a rest or sleep)
- Hat and sunscreen – for you and your children
What should I wear?
We suggest wearing normal gym attire (shorts/leggings/light track pants and a top). Always wear a supportive bra, if you are breastfeeding it might be worth investing in a supportive, wire free bra to exercise in.
What happens if it is raining?
If it is lightly raining, classes will still be run. We choose locations that have undercover areas for children to rest/play. So children will be able to stay warm and dry under shelter. In cases of extremely bad weather (very heavy rain or thunderstorms) we will cancel the class no later than 1 hour prior to the session, an SMS will be sent to all Mums who have enrolled in the session.
What will the sessions involve?
We pride ourselves on catering for all fitness levels (including those Mums with no-fitness level!) and stages of recovery post giving birth (from 6-weeks post natal). Our exercise classes include a variety of cardio, resistance/strength exercises, flexibility, core stability and pelvic floor exercises. You will never be told you have to run or jump, every exercise has options suitable for every individual.