/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/logo.png 0 0 Vicky /wp-content/uploads/2012/03/logo.png Vicky2012-08-28 03:17:262013-10-17 04:42:28Chicken Cacciatore
- 8 chicken thighs (skin-off), each one cut into 3
- Plain flour, salt and pepper, for dusting
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 x 400g crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- Dust chicken in flour and salt and pepper, shake off excess flour
- Heat half olive oil in large saucepan and cook chicken in batches until brown, remove chicken.
- Add remaining olive oil to saucepan and add onion, then garlic and dried oregano.
- Once onion and garlic have softened and browned, add stock, win and tomatoes.
- Return chicken to saucepan, bring contents to boil and reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Add olives, and optional salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice and salad.
This is another recipe that the whole family will love. We simply cut Abi’s portion up finer and she loves this meal, especially the olives!!