Another soup! This version of potato, leek and bacon soup doesn’t use cream. However it still has the creaminess, but not the fat you expect from this style soup!
8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 large leeks, chopped
4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
2 garlic cloves crushed
4 rashes of bacon diced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of evaporated milk or milk
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add diced bacon and fry until crispy.
- Remove bacon from saucepan, but leave remaining fat.
- Add leeks and garlic to the hot saucepan, until leeks are soft.
- Add potatoes and thyme and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and boil until potatoes are very soft (and mashable!)
- Mash roughly with a vegetable masher
- Stir in evaporated milk or milk, and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add bacon and stir through.