This is a great recipe to make pork chipolatas or plain sausages a hearty, yummy meals. We (George and I) enjoy this gravy, whilst the girls simply have the sausages cut up with vegetables. A great meal to adapt to your family!
1 tbsp olive oil
6-8 sausages OR 12 good quality chipolatas
2 large onions, sliced thinly
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh thyme ( or ½ tbsp. dried thyme)
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 ½ cup beef stock
Mashed potatoe, to serve
- Heat the oil in the frypan over medium heat, add the onions and salt, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes (or until caramelised).
- Meanwhile cook the sausages/chipolatas on the BBQ (or in another frypan, or alternatively you could cook them before you cook the sausages if you only have one frypan).
- Once onions are caramelised, sprinkle with thyme and flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Stir in Worcestershire and soy sauce, and beef stock and cook, stirring for 10-15 minutes until thick (you may need to add additional water if gravy becomes too thick).
- Add sausages/chipolatas to the pan with the onion gravy, and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables.