https://www.shapeupmums.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Fried-rice.jpg 200 200 Vicky /wp-content/uploads/2012/03/logo.png Vicky2014-05-28 05:30:442014-05-28 05:31:24Family friendly Fried Rice
- 2 cup long grain white rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 200g canned sweetcord
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 2 shallots, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool. (I often do this in the morning, and put the rice in the fridge, it’s also a great way to use leftover rice form the night before).
- Using a whisk, lightly beat eggs in a small bowl. Heat oil in non-stick wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook 2 minutes until set. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into short strips.
- Add bacon to wok. Cook 4 minutes until light golden.
- Add carrot to the wok. Stir fry 1 minute. Add shallots, peas and rice. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes. Add egg, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir until heated through. Serve immediately, with extra soy.
Sally Muir – Dietitian