This recipes is so quick and easy to make, it is a great family, weeknight recipe. And can be adapted to suit whatever flavours you like!
500g lean lamb mince
2 sausages (I used honey, lamb, rosemary – as they are my favourite!!) – SKIN removed
Salt and pepper
6 Brioche rolls (homemade if you are feeling adventurous)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, sliced finely
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 handful of rocket
- In a large frying pan heat olive oil, and add onions. Cook on a low heat for 20-25 minutes until very soft and caramelised.
- Combine the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, pour over the onions. Cook onions for a further 5 minutes on low heat until syrup has thickened.
- Meanwhile, place mince, sausages and salt/pepper in a food processor. Process until all meat is combined.
- Shape meat into round discs, approximately 6-7cm in diameter, 2cm high.
- Cook hamburgers in a large frypan or on a flat plate of a BBQ.
- Serve burgers in Brioche roll with caramelised onions, tinned beetroot, rocket and tatziki.