We love this recipe, it is so quick to make. The rice actually takes longer than the rest of the cooking! I have recently discovered Lorraine Pascal, and this is based on one of her yummy recipes.
50g lightbrown sugar
65g soy sauce
1/2 tbsp. Olive oil
600g chicken thighs, cut in half
Salt and pepper
2cm piece of ginger, grated
1 garlic clover
3 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Stir fried greens
2 pak coy, base chopped off
2 bunches of kai laan
1tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. ketchup manis
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1. Combine the sugar, mirin and soy sauce in abowl.
2. In a large, deep fry pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes on first side.
3. Meanwhile add your kai laan to a wok, with a vegetable oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add pay choy, soy, ketchup manis and ginger to the wok. Cook until greens are tender.
3. Add the ginger and garlic to the chicken, and cook for a further minute.
4. Turn the chicken and add the sugar, mirin and soy sauce. Cook for another 3-5 minutes (occasionally turn chicken).
5. Add the spring onions, and cook for another 1-2 minutes
5. Serve with steamed rice and Asian greens, sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken and vegetables.
Sally Muir – Dietitian