1/3 cup (50g) seed mix (pepitas and sunflower seeds)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp chia or linseeds
¼ cup (35g) dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped dried apricots
2 cups puffed rice
1 cup puffed millet or amaranth
2/3 cup rice malt syrup or honey
¼ cup sunflower or other nut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan-forced). Lightly oil a rectangle slice tray; line the base with baking paper, extending over the long sides.
- Spread seeds, puffed rice and coconut on oven tray. Bake for about 7 mins or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add fruit and millet/amaranth.
- Place rice malt syrup/honey in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and boil uncovered for 2 mins. Remove from heat. Stir in sunflower butter until combined. Stir syrup mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared slice tray. If mixture if too hot to touch, put a piece of baking paper over the top.
- Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm, before cutting into 16 bars.
Suitable for freezing. Not suitable for microwave.