https://www.shapeupmums.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Brenda-Janschek-Recipe-healthy-anzac-biscuits-Feature.jpg 795 1200 Vicky Anderson /wp-content/uploads/2012/03/logo.png Vicky Anderson2017-09-29 10:59:272018-04-28 09:54:18Healthy Anzac Biscuits
Great lunchbox or after school snack. They are so easy to make, get the kids involved!
- 125 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons boiling water (from the kettle is fine)
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ¼ cups spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C/160 degrees fanforced. Grease or line oven trays.
- Melt butter with maple syrup in small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Mix flour, oats, coconut and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Combine bicarbonate of soda and boiling water and add to saucepan and stir.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place them on baking tray/s and flatten. Space well apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool biscuits on trays.
- Lunchbox friendly, nut-free, egg-free, can be dairy free by replacing butter with coconut, avocado or a very light olive oil
*recipe taken from Brenda Janschek